Research the history of the Margarita and you'll find at least 4 different bartenders credited with inventing this popular cocktail.
One thing most people agree on, is that the Margarita (Spanish for 'Daisy Flower') has its origins deep in the heart of Mexico.
Once popular in Mexico, a Margarita can be found in every bar from Bali to Mexico and London.
MARGARITA COCKTAIL RECIPE
Along with our accompanying Margarita Cocktail Gift Basket, our Margarita Cocktail Recipe is not for the faint hearted. No cheap tequila for an average tasting Margarita here! We have included the popular George Clooney Casamigos Tequila to ensure when you take that first sip you can close your eyes and imagine you are overlooking the ocean from your condo in Tulum.
- 2 oz Casamigos Blanco Tequila
- 8 oz Filthy Margarita Mix
- 1oz Cointreau
- 1 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 ounce agave syrup
- Garnish: lime wheel
- Garnish: kosher salt (optional)
- Add tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice and agave syrup to a cocktail shaker filled with ice, and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with a lime wheel and kosher salt rim (optional)