Whiskey lovers unite - this is the cocktail for you. If you prefer the spicier taste of rye whiskey, the the Manhattan Cocktail Recipe we have put together using Sazerac Rye Whiskey will have you smiling after the very first sip.
Even though there have been many a variation of the Manhattan Cocktail Recipe over the years, what you enjoy today has it's foundations very much embedded in the original created by Dr Iain Marshall who created up the recipe for a party held at the Manhattan Club in New York by Lady Randolph Churchill, Winston’s mother.
- 2 ounces Sazerac Rye Whiskey
- 1 ounce Carpano Antica Formula Vermouth 50ml
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Luxado Cherries (Garnish)
- Add the rye whiskey, sweet vermouth, and bitters into a mixing glass with ice and stir until well-chilled.
- Strain into a chilled whiskey glass.
- Garnish with cherries.
Why shop for the ingredients separately when you can get them in a stunning half oak mini barrel? Shop our Manhattan Cocktail Gift Basket.